My Journey

My photo
I am a Jesus-follower, a minister, and a mom. I'm trying to be good at a lot of things and often this exhausts me. I love my kids, my husband, my church and my life. I want to share my journey with others, so this is my blog.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hum drum Majesty...

Every morning (well, I try every morning) I read a Psalm and a story from the Gospels. Todays Psalm was Psalm 47:

"God has gone up with a shout,
The Lord with the sound of a
trumpet.
Sing praises to God, sing praises!"
Psalm 47:5-6

Beautiful, inspiring, right? This morning, for me, not so much. My 3 yr old was up off and on for 1 hr after bedtime and then again between 2 and 4 am! For what? Wonderful reasons like "Roux's not very comfortable, can you come fluff Roux's pillow?" Seriously, kid?!? I want to "fluff" something right now. Grrr.

Today I face a day of incredible normality. Breakfast, clean up, get dressed, run errands, etc. And I'm exhausted. It's all oh so...normal. I'm not feeling the incredible majesty of God this morning. The best emotion I can muster is "blah".

I know that recognizing God's majesty isn't an emotion, and I want that majesty in my life today, even in the blah-ness of it. I really do. I sure hope God doesn't go on "feelings" because I'm sure not feeling it.

Is it ironic that the section I'm at in the gospel portion of my devotions started with "Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones..." (Matthew 18:10)? Huh...

No comments:

Post a Comment