My Journey

My photo
I am a Jesus-follower, a minister, and a mom. I'm trying to be good at a lot of things and often this exhausts me. I love my kids, my husband, my church and my life. I want to share my journey with others, so this is my blog.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A God of action...?

"Save me, O God, by Your name,
And vindicate me, by Your strength.
Hear my prayer, O God;
Give ear to the words of my mouth."
-Psalm 54:1,2

David clearly believed in a God of action. He saw God as Someone who did things and he expected God to act. And, he was "a man after God's own heart."

I am not one who expects a lot of action from God. God is very real to me. I have a relationship with God that is as real to me as my relationship with my husband or kids. In this relationship, I see God working, but through people loving people as they listen to God's voice leading. I don't really expect God to act through miraculous acts outside of people's "help" (for lack of a better word). Is this good or should I expect more? Are my expectations realistic or do I limit God?

No comments:

Post a Comment