My Journey

My photo
I am a Jesus-follower, a minister, and a mom. I'm trying to be good at a lot of things and often this exhausts me. I love my kids, my husband, my church and my life. I want to share my journey with others, so this is my blog.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Headphones

So this morning my 2 year old, Roux, was having one of his crazy-hyper moods and I just wanted to wring his neck. We finally made it out of the house and into the car, so to save my sanity I put on my headphones and listened to a podcast.

Since I am trying to find more time for God, today I chose to listen to a podcast teaching by Rob Bell, a pastor in Michigan that I absolutely LOVE! And, as usual, he said things that blew me away. So here’s my thoughts for you today, a quote from a Rob Bell sermon:

“Sometimes what you pick up is that the job of a Christian is that we’re supposed to take Jesus to a land or a people that don’t have him and then sort of deliver him: “So, where do you want me to put him?” But Jesus is heavy. Is witnessing or sharing your faith, is it transporting Jesus to some place “Here is our Jesus”, or is he already, in some profound way, present in that place with that person, giving life. Is he not holding things together already and your job is simply to name that which is already real, true and present? Is it Jesus over here and then all the people that need him over here, or is he in some way already present and your job is naming the reality that they are already in, they just haven’t recognized yet.

Because [Bible writers] do not put Jesus over in a corner or in a church and then a big vast creation over here and you gotta figure out a way to make him relevant. They put Him as the very breath, life of all of that creation…”

No comments:

Post a Comment