My Journey

My photo
I am a Jesus-follower, a minister, and a mom. I'm trying to be good at a lot of things and often this exhausts me. I love my kids, my husband, my church and my life. I want to share my journey with others, so this is my blog.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What's in store?

I had an experience this weekend that is weighing on my heart. In a meeting with key church leaders, most of them were seeking prayer for their grown children. Most of these grown children were not associated with a church, some with little-to-no relationship with God. I looked around at these leaders. I respect each one and their faith is a model for me. I know each did their best to raise their kids to know and love God. Yet here they are. This scares me. I want my boys to grow to follow Jesus. I have worship with them, pray with them, and take them to church. I am sure these leaders did all of those things. Yet their children are not actively following Jesus. What can I do to help mine choose Jesus? How are you doing it differently than your parents? I would love your thoughts on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment